Monday, February 22, 2010

Creamy Pinto Beans

This is a great inexpensive and easy recipe that can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. Whenever you are in a hurry or just too hungry to make dinner, scoop up a bowl of beans and add a packet of ThinStick for a meal that will fill you up and keep you satisfied for hours!

1 lb pinto beans
4 cups water
1 chopped onion
Garlic Salt and Pepper
chicken bouillon cube (optional)

Wash, rinse and soak beans over night. In a slow cooker, add beans (4 c water) and onion. Add garlic salt and pepper and a chicken bouillon cube, if desired. Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.

Can be served or refrigerated. (*Note- I prefer my beans the next day, so I just make them ahead and refrigerate them. )

Then I dish myself a bowl and put it in the microwave for about 90 seconds. After it's heated I stir in a packet of ThinStick, which gives it a really creamy flavor. The ThinStick also helps fill you up and keeps your cravings away for several hours!


~Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment