Monday, October 18, 2010

Anytime Smoothie


If you are like me, then the arrival of Fall can always be a little disappointing. Not because I don't enjoy all the changes and some cooler weather but because it means the end of the large variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. My smoothie making gets a little more inventive in the winter trying to maintain the best tasting ingredients. This summer I preserved (canned) a lot of peaches in a very light simple syrup to help satisfy that fresh fruit craving in the winter months. Today I tried a smoothie recipe using some of those peaches and I have to say, it was VERY good!

Anytime Smoothie

1 Cup Canned Peach Segments (juice drained)
1 banana
1/2 cup apple cider
1 apple (sliced in quarters)
1 Tbsp Flax Seed
1-2 scoops ThinStick Shake
1 1/2 cups ice (more or less depending on your preference)

Place the items in the blender in the order shown for best results. Blend until smooth and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment