Tuesday, October 5, 2010
1 lb chicken breast
4 green onions sliced
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
2 cans (14oz) green enchilada sauce
8-10 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded mozzarella or jack cheese
2 cups lettuce shredded
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 tomato, diced
1 small can sliced olives
1) Preheat oven to 350º, coat 9x13 pan with cooking spray
2) Boil chicken breasts in large pot. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until no longer pink in center, about 15 minutes. Drain and let slightly cool. Shred chicken and set aside.
3) In a large skillet, coat with cooking spray and place over med-high heat. Add green onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add shredded chicken and 1 can enchilada sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 5 minutes.
4) Heat remaining enchilada sauce in microwave safe bowl, about 2 minutes. Dip each tortilla in heated sauce and fill with chicken mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
5) Pour remaining heated sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese and olives. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
6) Serve enchiladas on top of a bed of shredded lettuce. Top with a spoonful of sour cream and tomatoes and salsa! Enjoy!!