- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, 1/4 cup sesame seeds, black pepper, five-spice powder, and red pepper flakes. Place a few pieces of chicken at a time into the bag, and shake to coat. Remove to a platter.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Place chicken into skillet, and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken, and set aside. Stir onion wedges and bell pepper slices into skillet; cook until slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Remove, and set aside.
- Return chicken to skillet, and reduce heat to low. Mix in teriyaki marinade, 1/4 cup sesame seeds, and honey; stir until sauce thickens. Return onion and bell pepper to the skillet. Warm through, and serve.