Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Get up and get going!
We have been told over and over to exercise regularly yet a small percentage of adults in America listen to this advise. Is it simply because we are too lazy, busy, or don't understand the importance? If you are too busy...set a certain time for every day! You will concentrate better at work, if you're in school, your study time will be worth while and if you're a parent you'll be happier towards your children. Many think they must have a gym membership to exercise, which is simply not true. There are many creative and fun ways to exercise! If you find a form of exercise that you enjoy, you are more likely to stick with it Always remember the "moderation rule". Almost everything in your life should be in moderation. Too much exercise, T.V. , food at one meal, ect. is not a healthy lifestyle. Stay healthy and you'll be happy!
IMPORTANCE OF EXERCISE:
1. Helps prevent diseases
2. Strong metabolism = strong immune system
3. Regulates amount of insulin(Fat-making hormone) realeased into the bloodstream
4. Help control sleep apnea, moodiness, stress, cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, ect.
5. Improves Stamina
6. Develops muscles, bones, and ligaments
7. Posture is improved
8. Weight control
9. Stretching improves flexibility- circulates lubricants in the joints
10. You feel happier overall
FRUGAL IDEAS FOR EXERCISE:
3. Heavy cans for weights
4. Swimming in free public pools
5. Do stair steps in the house
6. Deep clean the house
7. Yard work (mow the lawn, pull weeds)
8. Wash your car by hand
9. Play sports outside with friends or your kids
10. Jump rope
11. Turn up the tunes and dance in the family room
12. Chair dips, push-ups, crunches, lunges, squats
GET UP AND GET GOING!!
A short but great article: