Thursday, July 23, 2009
10 workday lunches that will save you time, money, and calories
This is such a practical article from WebMD. If I'm not mistaken all of us enjoy anything which saves us money or makes us feel as if we are getting some kind of deal!
A list of YUMMY $5 lunch ideas(assuming you already have dressing)!
1. 1 pita with lettuce and grilled chicken with light Caesar dressing; baby carrots; and an apple.
2. Salmon lettuce wraps with light sesame Asian dressing; 1 can of broth-based soup; and an orange.
3. Tomato & cucumber salad with olive oil and vinegar; tuna salad on pita; baby carrots; and an apple.
4. 1 can of soup; and grilled chicken on a bed of romaine with sliced apple and light vinaigrette.
5. Garden salad with salmon, tomato, cucumber, and baby carrots; an orange; and 1 can of soup.
6. Whole-wheat tortilla wrap of hummus, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, feta cheese and black olives; plus a carton of fat-free vanilla yogurt, and berries.
7. Whole wheat pita stuffed with vegetarian refried beans, salsa, lettuce and shredded cheddar cheese; and apple slices with peanut butter.
8. A green salad loaded with canned chunk light tuna, carrot strips, pepper slices, tomato wedges, red beans, and dried cranberries topped with balsamic vinaigrette; with a cup of low fat chocolate milk to drink.
9. A peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread; a piece of fresh fruit; and low fat yogurt.
10. Whole-wheat tortilla roll with sliced turkey, sliced low-fat mozzarella cheese, red pepper strips, and lettuce leaf (chill and slice into bite size pieces); with fruit salad and a glass of skim milk.
TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE GO TO http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/cheap-and-healthy-brown-bag-lunch-ideas-for-grownups